Monday, December 1, 2008

My Trip To Ohio

Cammy and I just finished our trip to Ohio.
Although it was a quick trip it wasn’t uneventful. Our trip started on Friday morning about 330 in the morning we loaded the car about 3 times and finally came to our senses that something had to be left behind. And we got on the road, the trip lasted 8 and ½ hours, now if you ever traveled 500 miles with your mother-in-law grandson and wife you know the stress I went thru. But praise the lord we all made it in one piece with most of our senses. We arrived at my daughter’s house around noon I was so tired that I could not see straight so I went and took a nap a long nap, Cammy spent the afternoon holding my new grandson time well spent. We didn’t do anything on Friday but visiting.
Saturday I could not get a hold of any of my family except my dad. So we all went out to see him (yes my mother-in-law is still with us) now don’t get me wrong I love my mother-in-law but I wanted to spend some quality time with my dad and my daughter and I couldn’t be rude and tell her to go home. But it all worked out well. Then we all went shopping that was an experience I would never wish on anyone everyone one was tired and cranky except Blake the baby. Anyway we got our shopping done and went back to krissy’s house. Cammy finally took Phyllis home and I took another nap.
We all went to the olive garden Saturday night and had a wonderful dinner I learned a lot about kris’s boyfriend (Blake’s Daddy) he seems like a nice enough fellow. At least he is working and trying to support his son.
I had a nice talk with our waitress Lindsey she said she had children and she didn’t have a church to take them to so I asked her were she lived and praise the LORD she only lives 3 blocks away from the Good Shepard Wesleyan Church in Jackson Ohio. I informed her that I had visited that church just last summer and it was a good Church some place she could take her children to and feel comfortable. It is great that people know you’re a Christian just by the way you handle yourselves and your attitude. It makes my job a little easier. It is a great feeling to know that God sent her to our table just so we can witness to her and point her to a good church. I only pray that she does go and take her children I think she will because God sent her to our table for a reason.
The trip home was miserable an 8 hour trip took us about 12 hours. It rained all day and the holiday traffic was unbearable. We made it all the way back to Durham North Carolina when we stopped to get gas ad low and behold it was the first time
We ever paid cash for our gas on theses trips and it will be the last, the cash we had was counterfeit thank the LORD we had a credit card or we would be in jail. The only thing I can figure out is that we picked it up at the olive garden. Anyway way we made it home safe and sound in one piece and without a criminal record. Just another thing to praise the LORD about.

No comments: